Building on the best selling book ‘NLP for Project Managers’, this set of modules goes beyond method to improve self awareness and flexibility of behaviours to help project managers to become even more Leaders.
By the end of the course, delegates will have a good knowledge of NLP and the ability to use it in their day-to-day activities as a PM. As well as helping them to pass chartered level examinations, which focus on demonstration of competence, they will be even more effective at leading delivery in complex environments.
‘Peter’s NLP approach brings analysis, insight and valuable pointers to improving those very important soft skills such as building rapport with stakeholders, handling difficult situations and being assertive’ Paul Hirst, Head of PPM capability, HMRC
This Project Leadership module is an intensive experiential workshop facilitated by top trainers in small groups.
In this module we will be looking at the various models for leadership and applying them to the project environment and different scenarios. NLP tools and techniques will be applied to generate flexibility in behaviours and approach in order to achieve ‘followership’, that is the willingness of people not under your direct control to help you to fulfil your aims.
The course will be taught in small groups limited to 12, with most exercises being worked on in teams of 3 facilitated by the course leader and supporting trainers.
|The course is led by Dr Peter Parkes, best selling author of ‘NLP for Project Managers’, NLP Master Practitioner, executive coach and facilitator. Peter has held programme director roles in the private sector, public sector, PPPs and ‘Big 4’ management consultancies. He holds a Masters (MBA) in project management and is a regular writer and popular speaker. He is a Director with the Association for Project Management (APM) and a founding member of best practice groups on Governance, Assurance and Portfolio Management, co-authoring standard guidance on these topics|
Course Outcomes – By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply natural techniques for conveying ‘presence’ that will improve impact in all situations
- Develop rapport quickly and effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders to reduce barriers to effective communication
- Get understanding and buy-in from stakeholders with widely different language and learning preferences to your own
- Understand context and flex behaviours and leadership style to suit the situation
- Manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Change focus from activities to Outcomes
- Improve resilience and mental toughness
- Deal with difficult situations and convey bad news well
- Be comfortable with complexity and uncertainty through effective delegation
- Explore the use of stories and metaphor to achieve change elegantly
- Model excellent behaviours that you see in your peers and mentors.
‘Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it’. Dwight D. Eisenhower
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all project professionals and anyone with a desire for continuous personal and professional development.
To the organisation
- Your project leaders are the face of your organisation to your key clients – help them to develop the behaviours to support your vision and culture
- Employ staff who anticipate and manage key stakeholders rather than react to them
- Spend less time on containing conflict and more on creating value for your clients
- Have a cadre of flexible high performing professionals rather than a bench full of foot-soldiers.
To the individual
- Develop Presence, Resilience, Impact and Assertiveness to make you stand out as a leader
- Learn to model excellent behaviours that you see in others
- Improve essential business skills that can be readily translated across roles and sectors
- Learn to speak the language of the boardroom and remove other factors that might otherwise limit your career progression
- Improve your project management credentials, enhance your CV and improve career prospects
- Gain access to supporting coaching.
- It is expected that entrants will have completed NLP4PM module 1 on Personal Effectiveness and module 2 on Team Effectiveness.
- It is expected that most entrants will be practicing project professionals, but no previous knowledge will be assumed.
Duration / course structure:
- 1 day – 9 am to 5 pm (lunch and refreshments provided for public dates)
- Groups limited to 12, working in teams of 3.
- Our normal venue is the former BT / Accenture national training centre inMilton Keynes.
- On-site / in-house training can be arranged (with discount for group booking).
- £495 (plus VAT) – discounts available for group bookings and in-house courses.
Essential resources provided:
- Copies of book ‘NLP for Project Managers’
- Course notes and delegates pack
- Access to online support and templates on completion of the course
- Access to ongoing mentoring and support during first year on completion