Building on the best selling book ‘NLP for Project Managers’, this course gives an introduction to the use of NLP to develop self awareness and flexibility of behaviours to help project managers to become even more effective in delivery.
By the end of this short course, delegates will have a working knowledge of NLP and an understanding of how it can be used in their day-to-day activities as a PM.
This is a one day introduction for project management professionals. It provides an engaging introduction to the core concepts and principles of NLP in the context of project management.
After establishing the role of behavioural competences across the life-cycle and components of projects, the pillars and core components of NLP will be taught through practical exercises. NLP tools and techniques will then be demonstrated against key competences required for effective project management.
Some of the key competence requirements for effective project management, for example as described in the APM competency framework and assessment for Registered Project Professional (RPP) and similar, will be addressed through practical examples, tools and techniques. The course will equip delegates with practical skills and approaches for immediate use outside the training room.
The course will be taught in small groups limited to 18, with most exercises being worked on in teams of 3 facilitated by the course leader and supporting trainers.
Course Outcomes – By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand how soft skills support all components and processes across each stage of the project life-cycle.
- Assess their own behaviours and preferences using standard frameworks including Language and Behaviour (LAB) profiling.
- Know which phases and components of project management are best performed with which behaviour styles and understand where they may have gaps.
- Understand the basics of NLP and how it can be applied to project management.
- Know how to identify different stakeholder maps of the world and how to bridge the divide through effective communication methods using the NLP meta-model.
- Start to develop flexibility in key behaviours using standard NLP techniques.
- Conduct practical exercises on key project activities such as planning.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for project and programme managers and anyone with a desire for continuous personal and professional development.
- To the organisation
- Your project leaders are the face of your organisation to your key clients – help them to develop the behaviours to support your vision and culture
- Develop your staff to become Project Leaders rather than project followers
- Employ staff who anticipate and manage key stakeholders rather than react to them
- Spend less time on containing conflict and more on creating value for your clients
- Have a cadre of flexible high performing professionals rather than a bench full of foot-soldiers
- Improve essential business skills that can be readily translated across roles and sectors
- Learn to speak the language of the boardroom and remove other factors that might otherwise limit your career progression
- Improve your project management credentials, enhance your CV and improve career prospects
- Improve your team management and performance
- To the individual
No background knowledge of NLP is expected of delegates as the course will start from fundamentals.
It is expected that most entrants will be practicing project professionals, but no previous knowledge will be assumed.
Duration / course structure:
- One day – 9.30 am – 5.30 pm (lunch and refreshments provided for public dates)
- Groups limited to 18 or less, working in teams of 3.
- Our normal venue is the former BT training centre in Milton Keynes
- On-site / in-house training can be arranged (with discount for venue and group booking)
- £ 495 (plus VAT) – Discounts available for group bookings
Essential resources provided:
- Copies of book ‘NLP for Project Managers’
- Course notes and delegates pack