Building on the best selling book ‘NLP for Project Managers’, this set of modules goes beyond method to improve self awareness and flexibility of behaviours to help project managers to become even more effective in delivery through teams.
By the end of the module, delegates will have a working knowledge of NLP and the ability to use it in their day-to-day activities as a PM to motivate and lead teams. As well as helping them to pass chartered level examinations, which focus on demonstration of competence, they will be even more effective at delivering projects through others.
‘The difference that makes the difference is to apply approaches that engage people in terms that tap into their creativity and desire to contribute to a worthwhile cause. This is where NLP is key. Apply it and not only will it make you a more effective project manager, it will also ensure the projects you are engaged in are more successful.’ Steve Jenner FAPM, co-author and chief examiner of the OGCs ‘Management of Portfolios’
This Team Effectiveness module is an intensive experiential workshop facilitated by top trainers in small groups.
After a refresh on the core components of NLP, the role of behavioural competences in team building for projects will be explored with the group through practical exercises. NLP tools and techniques will then be demonstrated against key competences required for building and leading effective project teams.
Key competence requirements for effective project management, for example as described in the APM competency framework and assessment for Registered Project Professional (RPP) and similar, will be addressed through practical examples, tools and techniques. The course will equip delegates with practical skills and approaches for immediate use outside the training room.
The course will be taught in small groups limited to 15, with most exercises being worked on in teams of 3 facilitated by the course leader and supporting trainers.
Course Outcomes – By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Hear what isn’t being said
- Have an understanding of the behavioural science aspects of team dynamics
- Understand the range of perspectives, behaviours and abilities in your team to achieve the best overall outcome
- Motivate a team of disparate individuals
- Run a workshop to develop a Team Charter and get buy-in to it by all members
- Run workshops for exercises in Planning and Risk Management to achieve buy-in
- Effectively and confidently apply “Management by Exception”, eg as required by PRINCE2
- Get the team to do your work by moving into a mentoring and supporting role
- Give feedback that is appreciated and acted upon to improve performance.
‘Your most precious possession is not your financial assets. Your most precious possession is the people you have working there, and what they carry around in their heads, and their ability to work together’. Robert Reich (America Economist)
|The course is led by Dr Peter Parkes, best selling author of ‘NLP for Project Managers’, NLP Master Practitioner, executive coach and facilitator. Peter has held programme director roles in the private sector, public sector, PPPs and ‘Big 4’ management consultancies. He holds a Masters (MBA) in project management and is a regular writer and popular speaker. He is a Director with the Association for Project Management (APM) and a founding member of best practice groups on Governance, Assurance and Portfolio Management, co-authoring standard guidance on these topics|
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all project professionals and anyone with a desire for continuous personal and professional development.
To the organisation
- Your project leaders are the face of your organisation to your key clients – help them to develop flexible behaviours to support your vision and culture
- Develop project mangers who anticipate and manage key stakeholders rather than react to them
- Have a cadre of flexible high performing professionals who leverage teams to deliver value to your clients.
To the individual
- Learn the art of management – leveraging your team to do your work for you
- Improve essential business skills that can be readily translated across roles and sectors
- Learn to speak the language of the boardroom and remove other factors that might otherwise limit your career progression
- Improve your PM credentials, enhance your CV and improve career prospects
- Gain access to supporting coaching
- It is expected that entrants will have completed NLP4PM module 1 on Personal Effectiveness.
- It is expected that most entrants will be practising project professionals, but no previous knowledge will be assumed.
Duration / course structure:
- 1 day – 9 am – 5 pm (lunch and refreshments provided for public dates)
- Groups limited to 15, working in teams of 3.
- Our normal venue is the former BT / Accenture national training centre inMilton Keynes.
- On-site / in-house training can be arranged (with discount for venue and group booking).
£495 (plus VAT) – discounts available for group bookings and in-house courses.
Essential resources provided:
- Copies of book ‘NLP for Project Managers’
- Course notes and delegates pack
- Access to online support and templates on completion of the course
- Access to ongoing mentoring and support during first year on completion